I find that when I'm trying out a new idea, I usually start out with a very regular, often symmetrical, piece. Sort of like what they sometimes call a "proof of concept". As I get more comfortable with the idea, the pieces lose a bit of that. In mid-June I showed some new work I called cage pieces, with a bead structure loose inside a cage which was an octahedron made from tube beads. I wanted to make 3 changes for my 2nd version of the idea. First I wanted the inside structures to be brighter, for more contrast with the dark gray cages. Second, I wanted the cages to be less regular. And, third, I wanted to eliminate the cages st the back, because they poke into your neck just a bit. My first try at this was the picture on top. Mostly it achieved what I wanted. However, in making the cages irregular, I also made them smaller. That isbecause the original cages, which were regular octahedrons, were made entirely from 1" tubes. In order to make the cages irregular I substituted 2 or 3 short (1/2") tubes in each cage, which inevitably made the overall structure smaller. More importantly, though, the 1st piece used 1/2" tubes between the cages, and I forgot that and used 1" tubes in the 2nd one. So the new cages were both smaller, and more widely spaced. I didn't really notice the difference till I took a picture. When I looked at the picture, there was just too much empty space. So I took out the 3 middle cages and redid them, with much closer spacing. That'e the bottom picture. I think it was an improvement (although until now I didn't notice that the necklace in the bottom picture isn't centered properly in the picture).