Saturday, January 5, 2013
reinventing the wheel, design-wise
would turn into a long tube that would go behind the neck to form a pendant. I wanted it to be pretty big and chunky, for maximum impact. But by the time I had made 2 cubes using 4 mm stone beads, I realized it was just too big for jewelry (it would have stuck out over 2 1/2" from the body). You can see in the picture there's still line (fireline) hanging off one of the cubes. That's because It was pretty complicated and I did lots of backtracking to fix mistakes. As I finished it up I found 1 last mistake, and haven't yet worked up the ambition to tear out the last corner to fix it. It's one that only I would notice--but I would notice it.